Jun 10, 2010

El Proceso de Duelo

I wonder...when do you stop grieving a lost love and when is it acceptable to find a new one? What determines the moment when it's okay to find happiness again and to stop feeling guilty for the mistakes made in the past? When do you stop being tied to someone completely? And most important of all...why is it not okay to move on after you give the person exactly what he/she wanted, which was to be let go. What other requirements should you meet in order to proceed to that next step which we so long for?

I suppose that sense of ownership should fade as the months fly by, but there will always be that feeling of greed and selfishness, which I find totally unnecessary and unfair.

I finished all the steps to my grieving process, and I feel as free as a bird, yet I do not need to tie myself again and will avoid making that mistake again for as long as I can. So then I ask... who are you to judge what I do or how I feel?

Do you still grieve for me?

"Life is much too short to feel intoxicated."

No comments:

Post a Comment